The Firefly Brigade actively promotes the bicycle as a sustainable form of transportation. Our main advocacies are:
- Organize Critical Mass Ride (CMR)
- Install provision for bike parking in public/private areas
- Campaign for road sharing
Our landmark projects include:
- Organizing regular monthly Critical Mass Ride (CMR) to promote visibility on the road for cyclists and road sharing.
- Conducting Non-motorized Transportation (NMT) forum and linkages with government agencies to promote the NMT agenda.
- Promoting bicycle parking/spaces in commercial establishments and working towards the establishment of cycle-inclusive urban and regional planning;
- Project R.A.C.K. (Raising Awareness, Capacities and Knowledge-sharing for the promotion of bicycle use in the Metro) - Awarding/donation of Bicycle Racks to city halls and government institutions
- Organizing the Tour of the Fireflies - an annual bicycle ride around the metropolitan cities to promote cycling as an alternative means of transportation that is cheap, efficient, environmentally sensible, and good for one's health
- Providing training on safe urban cycling through the Firefly Flight Training (FFT)
- Soliciting bicycles and parts, assembling them, and donating them to cash-strapped students and poor urban communities through the Recycle-A-Bicycle (RAB) project
- Providing needy commuter cyclists with safety gear through the Kitang-Kita ang Bisikleta (KKB) Project